Gain an Edge with an MBA in Accounting Online
Combine your skill for finances with your passion for management and accelerate your career by earning your MBA in accounting online. The Master of Business Administration with an Emphasis in Accounting degree program at Grand Canyon University follows a rigorous curriculum that prepares students to compete at high levels of business. Gain the foundational knowledge and skills that employers will value.
The MBA in accounting is offered by the Colangelo College of Business. Students immerse themselves in the financial practices and principles that underpin business stability. Economics, marketing, financial reporting practices and bookkeeping are covered in this broad, affordable degree program. Students benefit from stimulating discussions with peers and fully qualified faculty members who are experts in their field.
Study Advanced Business and Accounting Methods
Students pursuing an MBA in accounting can take advantage of valuable networking opportunities by building relationships with a diverse body of fellow students. The MBA accounting program inspires students to become confident communicators who mindfully explore different perspectives and think critically. Students become accomplished researchers who learn the quantitative methods necessary for turning raw data into applicable information. Some of the courses in this accounting MBA program include:
- Advanced Financial Statement Analysis
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Applied Business Probability and Statistics
- Leadership and Organizations
- Finance Principles
GCU is a 21st century university that embraces a flexible learning path. Students taking the MBA in accounting online at GCU have access to an intuitive and interactive learning platform. The program requires a total of 54 credits for completion. The online courses are eight weeks in length.
MBA students start with an intensive look at the key concepts of leadership, including the way in which the science of organizational behavior contributes to effective management. They study the fundamentals of accounting practices, managerial accounting and financial analysis to prepare for advanced study later in the program. Other core competencies include:
- Microeconomic and macroeconomic concepts in contemporary business
- The definition, formulation and execution of strategy within organizations, with an emphasis on the role of innovation and competitive advantage
- Methods that streamline a firm’s internal processes to build a highly efficient organization
- In-depth analysis and interpretation of corporate financial reports, with an emphasis on the utility and limitations of financial accounting data
Advance Your Career with an MBA in Accounting
The accounting MBA degree has long been held as the standard of academic achievement in the business world. With an MBA in accounting, graduates are prepared to pursue high-level management positions across a nearly limitless range of industries. Some specific job titles that may be related to this degree include the following:
- Chief financial officer (CFO)
- Vice president of accounting
- Accounting manager
- Business development manager
- Management analyst
C-level accounting professionals are employed in many different settings, including corporations, government agencies, public organizations and faith-based groups. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for qualified accountants and auditors is expected to grow at a rate that is faster than average. From 2016 through 2026, the job growth projection for accounting professionals is 10 percent.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Program subject to change.