Manage the Future with an MBA in Health Systems Management
Students at GCU can explore the principles of ethical leadership in 21st century health care systems. The Colangelo College of Business offers the Master of Business Administration with an Emphasis in Health Systems Management. This online healthcare MBA develops the analytical skills and in-depth knowledge that are in demand.
Proper health systems management requires the use of efficient operational processes that drive profitability. This is tempered by the careful considerations of ethical and responsible decision-making. Graduates with a health systems management MBA degree are prepared to pursue positions that influence the health and wellbeing of the patient population, as well as their entire communities.
What Are the Benefits of Having an MBA in Healthcare Management?
GCU’s health systems management degree lays a strong conceptual framework that enables future business leaders to shape the growth of medical organizations. As you work through this program, you will develop a keen understanding of strategic operations management theory and its practical applications. The end objective is the growth and sustainability of ethical organizations that continually strive for excellence in patient care.
MBA graduates gain a firm grasp on the core principles in business, finance and management. These principles, applied to the health care field, lay a foundation for responsible decision-making as it relates to patient populations and health care employees.
Earn Your Healthcare Management MBA Online
This degree program blends traditional MBA courses with specializations in health care. Some of the core courses you will take include:
- Legal and Ethical Principles in Health Care
- Health Care Policies and Economics
- Applied Business Probability and Statistics
- Strategic Management
GCU’s graduate degree programs are designed with the needs of working professionals in mind. We make it possible to earn your MBA in Health Systems Management with a rigorous, online curriculum. All classes are taught by fully trained faculty members and adjunct instructors. GCU’s online courses bring flexibility and convenience to your education, while the small class environment fosters engaging discussions and networking opportunities.
Some of the key concepts in health systems management include:
- Raising funds in capital markets, managing working capital and budgeting capital
- Managerial decision-making that factors in cost, service and economic variables
- Health care ethical dilemmas and their recognition, analysis and resolution
- The science of organizational behavior and key concepts in leadership
What You Can Do With a Health Management MBA Degree
The MBA in Health Systems Management follows a modern curriculum. This program effectively prepares graduates to become leaders in the complex and ever-changing health care landscape. Medical and business organizations both welcome job applicants with MBA degrees. Some of the jobs that may be related to this degree include:
- Chief operations officer
- Director of health care services
- Vice president of health care services
- Health care consultant
- Nursing home administrator
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for qualified medical and health services managers is expected to grow by 20 percent from 2016 through 2026. This rate of growth is considered to be much faster than average.
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.