What Is an MBA in Strategic Human Resource Management?
Learn why an MBA in Strategic Human Resource Management from GCU is the right choice:
- Take part in online courses
All courses in this degree are taken online.
- Use your transfer credits
You can use any applicable transfer credits from your previous education.
An MBA in Strategic Human Resource Management is an advanced degree that teaches individuals how to manage employees, hiring, company benefits and more. Human capital is invaluable for business success. Strategic human resource management is a proactive approach for developing talent. It aims to achieve long-term business objectives and meet organizational challenges. Strategic human resource management emphasizes the fostering of a positive and efficient company culture that embraces innovation and strives to achieve a competitive edge.
The Master of Business Administration with an Emphasis in Strategic Human Resource Management offered by Grand Canyon University (GCU) guides candidates through the core concepts in human capital. Candidates learn to apply sound theory and research to further organizational success. The challenging but affordable MBA in HR program is offered by the Colangelo College of Business.
These are three aspects that the Colangelo College of Business believes how business affects the greater good:
- Business as a force for good
Do business the right way through conscious capitalism to elevate humanity in your community and all around the world.
- Free markets and purpose for prosperity
There is a higher purpose of business. Orient your business around your stakeholders for long-term success.
- Business as ministry
Love, care and support your team through a Christian perspective.
Learn the Strategic HR Process With an Online Master’s in Human Resource Management
During the MBA in Human Resources program, you will acquire an in-depth understanding of the strategic human resource management process, and how these practices support the overall vision of an organization. MBA HR candidates examine the strategic application of research and quantitative methods to inform business decisions. There is an emphasis on ethical decision-making, Christian servant leadership and critical analysis.
The curriculum is aligned with the standards and core competencies outlined by the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM).
Earn Your MBA in Strategic HR Management
GCU’s MBA in Strategic Human Resource Management includes coursework on general business principles and human resource management in particular. Some of the courses you may take include:
- Designing HR for Competitive Advantage
- Acquiring, Developing and Leveraging Human Capital
- Strategic Management
- Leadership and Organizations
- Operations Management
Candidates may take evening courses or earn an MBA in Strategic Human Resource Management online. GCU’s online classroom community provides robust opportunities for peer engagement and intellectually stimulating discussions. This HR MBA program requires a total of 54 credits for graduation. Most of the online courses are eight weeks long.
This affordable advanced degree program guides candidates in acquiring core foundational knowledge of sound business principles, as well as specialized knowledge in HR. Some of the learning objectives include the following:
- Strategic management of human capital, including talent management, workforce diversity, employee development and motivation, succession planning and performance matrix
- The complexities of human resource management amidst mergers, acquisitions, downsizing and globalization
- E-commerce applications, emerging technologies and telecommunications
- Sound business practices across the areas of accounting, economics, finance, management and marketing
Admission Requirements for GCU’s Online MBA in Human Resource Management
Taking such a big step in your career may seem intimidating, but after you’ve collected the following requirements, you’ll find the process is not as daunting as you might think.
- Official transcripts
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement or essay
The admissions process at GCU is simple. If you are interested in applying to the online MBA in Human Resources Management program, please visit our graduate and doctoral online admission requirements page to help get you started. We also encourage prospective students to contact an admissions counselor during the process.
Careers in Strategic Human Resource Management
Strategic human resource management is widely recognized by corporations and public agencies as being integral for long-term achievements. Graduates with an online HR MBA have an in-depth understanding of how to align the responsibilities of human resources with departmental and organizational objectives. As a result, companies across a range of sectors and industries value the skills of MBA graduates with an online MBA in Human Resource Management. Some of the career opportunities that may be related to this degree include:
- Human resources generalist/HR business partner
- Senior human resources specialist
- General manager
- International human resources professional
- Human resources executive
- Talent acquisition professional
Business organizations, non-profit groups, business consulting organizations and government agencies may all hire experts in strategic human resource management.
Grand Canyon University is a regionally-accredited school. The Colangelo College of Business includes core programs that have achieved additional accreditation through the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
MBA in Human Resource Management Frequently Asked Questions
*Retrieved from Intelligent.com, The Top 61 Online Degrees in Human Resources, 2021
* Please note that this list may contain programs and courses not presently offered, as availability may vary depending on class size, enrollment and other contributing factors. If you are interested in a program or course listed herein please first contact your University Counselor for the most current information regarding availability.
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Programs or courses subject to change.