What Is Strategic Human Resource Management?
Human capital is invaluable for business success. Strategic human resource management is a proactive approach for developing talent. It aims to achieve long-term business objectives and meet organizational challenges. Strategic human resource management emphasizes the fostering of a positive and efficient company culture that embraces innovation and strives to achieve a competitive edge.
The Master of Business Administration with an Emphasis in Strategic Human Resource Management offered by GCU guides candidates through the core concepts in human capital. Candidates learn to apply sound theory and research to further organizational success. This academically intense MBA in human resources online program is offered by the Colangelo College of Business.
Learn the Strategic HR Process with an MBA in Human Resources
During this program, you will acquire an in-depth understanding of the strategic human resource management process, and how these practices support the overall vision of an organization. MBA in HR candidates examine the strategic application of research and quantitative methods to inform business decisions. There is an emphasis on ethical decision-making, Christian servant leadership and critical analysis.
The curriculum is aligned with the standards and core competencies outlined by the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM).
Earn Your MBA in Strategic Human Resource Management Online
GCU’s MBA in Strategic Human Resource Management includes coursework on general business principles and human resource management in particular. Some of the courses you may take include:
- Designing HR for Competitive Advantage
- Acquiring, Developing and Leveraging Human Capital
- Strategic Management
- Leadership and Organizations
- Operations Management
Candidates may take evening courses or earn an MBA in Strategic Human Resource Management online. GCU’s online classroom community provides robust opportunities for peer engagement and intellectually stimulating discussions. This HR MBA program requires a total of 54 credits for graduation. Most of the online courses are eight weeks long.
This advanced degree program guides candidates in acquiring core foundational knowledge of sound business principles, as well as specialized knowledge in HR. Some of the learning objectives include the following:
- Strategic management of human capital, including talent management, workforce diversity, employee development and motivation, succession planning and performance matrix
- The complexities of human resource management amidst mergers, acquisitions, downsizing and globalization
- E-commerce applications, emerging technologies and telecommunications
- Sound business practices across the areas of accounting, economics, finance, management and marketing
Careers in Strategic Human Resource Management
Strategic human resource management is widely recognized by corporations and public agencies as being integral for long-term achievements. Graduates with an online HR MBA have an in-depth understanding of how to align the responsibilities of human resources with departmental and organizational objectives. As a result, companies across a range of sectors and industries value the skills of MBA graduates with a specialization in strategic human resource management. Some of the career opportunities that may be related to this degree include:
- Human resources generalist/HR business partner
- Senior human resources specialist
- General manager
- International human resources professional
- Human resources executive
- Talent acquisition professional
Business organizations, non-profit groups, business consulting organizations and government agencies may all hire experts in strategic human resource management.
Grand Canyon University is a regionally accredited school. The Colangelo College of Business includes core programs that have achieved additional accreditation through the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
*Retrieved from Intelligent.com
* Please refer to the Academic Catalog for more information. Program subject to change.