The masters in education degree programs at Grand Canyon University offer an opportunity for those with a calling to education to either advance their knowledge or begin their journey towards licensure. Our advanced programs for continuing education are designed for current educators looking to continue growing their knowledge in the field, with a focus on advanced methods for highly effective educators. We also offer programs if you are interested in teaching at the postsecondary level at a two- or four-year institution.
For those seeking licensure or looking to enter the field of education for the first time, but with a degree in a field other than education, we have initial programs that lead to licensure and programs that do not lead to licensure. In these programs, you will gain a rich foundation in learning, leading and serving from our College of Education.
Masters Degree Programs for Current Educators
If you are looking to advance your education by earning your next degree, you may be interested in our variety of masters in education degree programs designed for current educators looking to take the next step in their career. Explore our programs in areas like curriculum and instruction, educational administration, instructional technology and more. You can also advance your education through individual continuing education courses, offered at a special rate for educators.
Advanced Programs for Continuing Education
- Master of Arts in Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Master of Arts in Curriculum and Instruction
- Master of Arts in Reading with an Emphasis in Elementary Education
- Master of Arts in Reading with an Emphasis in Secondary Education
- Master of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Master of Education in Educational Administration
- Master of Education in Educational Leadership
- Master of Science in Instructional Technology
Programs for Postsecondary Education
Do you aspire to teach students at a two- or four-year institution? GCU's masters degree programs in diverse content areas with an emphasis in education help prepare you to teach at the postsecondary level. In these programs, you will gain skills in pedagogical training, strategic curriculum design and diverse adult learning theories. Prepare to teach undergraduate courses at colleges and universities while satisfying requirements necessary for ongoing professional development.
Content Degrees for Postsecondary Education
- Master of Arts in Communication with an Emphasis in Education
- Master of Arts in English with an Emphasis in Education
- Master of Arts in History with an Emphasis in Education
- Master of Science in Biology with an Emphasis in Education
- Master of Science in Chemistry with an Emphasis in Education
- Master of Science in Mathematics with an Emphasis in Education
- Master of Science in Nursing with an Emphasis in Nursing Education
- Master of Science in Sociology with an Emphasis in Education
The initial programs offered by the College of Education give you the opportunity to start the exciting and rewarding journey to becoming an educator. We offer both initial teacher licensure (ITL) and non-licensure programs in a variety of areas so that you can prepare to teach students of all ages, including early childhood, elementary and secondary. Or, pursue your calling to teach those with special learning needs by earning a Master of Education in Special Education.
- Master of Education in Early Childhood Education (Non-Licensure)
- Master of Education in Early Childhood Education and Early Childhood Special Education (Non-Licensure)
- Master of Education in Elementary Education (Non-Licensure)
- Master of Education in Secondary Education (Non-Licensure)
- Master of Education in Special Education (Non-Licensure)
Education Degree Learning Modalities
Advance your education in a way that is convenient for you! GCU offers a variety of modalities to help you earn your masters degree. Choose an online degree for convenience and flexibility, or study in a face-to-face format in our evening classes. Hybrid learning offers an opportunity to study in both online and evening classes. Whatever modality you choose, you will receive a quality education from faculty who care about your success while having the opportunity to interact with peers in a dynamic learning environment.